Thursday, May 19, 2016

New Microlite 20 & USR

Once, long ago (a few years now), I had a very infrequent gaming blog called "RPG Character A Week." Needless to say, the name was very wrong very quickly. I hardly blogged at all. So I'm starting all over.

I've been calling my versions of games "Domino Writing-style" from the start. I have ideas for several games, but the Big Two are Microlite 20, and USR. That's what this blog will feature, characters, crunch and ways to make use of those games.

Let's start with new and improved versions of Microlite 20 games, all available on my website.
The first is Microlite 20 Fantasy Expansion, which tries to be inclusive of 3.5e, Pathfinder and 4e. The equivalents of 5e characters will show up here.

The second is Microlite 20 Costumes, the super hero game that's gotten the most attention from readers. I revised some of the power descriptions and updated the simple spreadsheet I use to calculate Power Points. Just in time for a wave of comic book-based summer movies (well, "X-Men" and "Doctor Strange" are still coming).

Then there's Microlite 20 Modern-Day, with a very simple vehicle rules set, Microlite 20 Mecha, and Ultramicrolite.

And then, on the USR side, there's my revised version of that game, with slightly crunchier rules than the original, including a simple option for super heroes. I like comics, and the rules here and in M20 Costumes can be used for any high-powered game.

So, that's what I have to offer, let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what else is coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully a lot of things that will fit in with the M20 game we all know and love.

      Delete
    2. It's been long time that I read all the great M20 rules, but I had never really tried them (I usually ended on running 4e, beginners box pathfinder, 5e); but with your wonderful Fantasy expansion (that for me it is the best of the best for M20) I'll be able to create and run all the characters I have in mind! Thank you a lot!

      Delete